The official charges against the two defendants in the May bus accident in the "Bakadzhik" area near the city of Yambol are ready and will enter the court by December 10. The information was announced Wednesday by the Yambol Regional Prosecutor. The trial in the case, involving the death of 18 people caused by a bus careering down a mountainside called Bakadzhik Peak and plowing through a crowd of pedestrians heading to a religious festival, will, most likely, begin in January. According to earlier reports, the trial was scheduled to begin in October.
The two defendants are the owner of the carrier company, Slavi Slavov and the driver, Gospodin Gospodinov. Slavov is charged with causing death due to recklessness while Gospodinov -with violating traffic laws. The technical probe found that the bus breaks did not work properly and failed. The driver had a 0,66 blood alcohol level and had been driving too fast for the steep terrain. About 50 people are expected to take the witness stand.
Wednesday, 2 December 2009
Yambol Coach Accident - Charges Made
This tragic accident is still very much a vivid memory for many in Yambol.
- ► 2013 (24)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2010 (328)
- A Distinctive Yambol Sportswear Shop
- Lanterns Out All Year Round
- A New Yambol Snack Bar
- Yambol's Mall and Business Centre
- A Simple Christmas Stand In Yambol
- Christmas Puppet Show On In Yambol's Theatre
- Another Paid Car Park In Yambol
- The New GERB Offices In Yambol
- A Simple Metal Post - Cars Are In Fear Ot It
- Yambol's St Nikolai's Church Ready For Christmas
- A New Yambol Restaurant Opens
- Mushrooms Growing Unoticed In Yambol
- A Yambol Version Of Argos
- A Yambol Business Hit By Recession
- A Yambol Signposted Tree
- A Yambol Trunk Road
- A Small Yambol TicTac Shop
- A Typical Yambol Bus Shelter
- Memories Of A Top Bulgarian Star In Yambol
- Yambol Children's Play Train Carriages
- Yambol Chemist's Rain Pipe
- Yambol Playground Apparatus Or A Car Park?
- Our Local Yambol Dentist
- A Smoking Wheelie Bin In Yambol
- A Camera At Last!
- A Busy Day At The Yambol Cemetery
- Yambol Coach Accident - Charges Made
- ▼ December (27)
My Photo Blog Roll Of Honour
The region of Sofia attracts 45% of all investments in Bulgaria - Business: *The region of Sofia attracts 45% of all investments in Bulgaria* The region of Sofia attracts 45% of all investments in Bulgaria, including ones ...8 months ago