Monday, 19 October 2020
It hasn't gone unnoticed that this is the time for making rakia out of grapes. you cannot fail to smell the alcohol as you pass places where the fermented grapes are being processed. This group of barrels should soon be distilled providing ample rakia for the coming winter.
Sunday, 18 October 2020
On visiting a friend on the outskirts of Yambol, he has no tap water connected. To him, this is not a problem as he has a gravity-based water system that he refills each day. To us it is primaeval, but to him, it is normal having not had mains water all his life.
Saturday, 17 October 2020
The smell of roasted pepper is unmistakable this time of year in the year. The smell is a sure telltale sign that the process of making lutenitsa is in progress. A common sight outside apartment blocks in Yambol,
Friday, 16 October 2020
Clocks don't have a great say in Bulgarian culture. Having said that the is a dominant clock in Yambol City Garden. The time told in a flowerbed is unique and of course, the shrubs tell you what season it is on a broader scale!
- Ready for Distilling Rakia in Yambol
- No Tap Water in Yambol - No Problem
- Lutenitsa Being Made Outside an Apartment Block in...
- The Flowerbed Clock in Yambol City Garden
- Coloured Yambol Sign in the City Gardens
- Yambol's Library Bathed in Sun
- Shattered Tarmac Surrounds a Yambol Manhole
- Weathered Concrete Barrier in Yambol
- Solar-Powered Lamp in Yambol City Gardens
- A View of Yambol City Centre Gardens
- Typical Street Lamp in Yambol
- Doughnuts For Sale in Yambol
- Kids Catered for Whilst Sipping Coffee in Yambol
- Fancy Balcony Railings in Yambol
- Home-made Tapestry in a Yambol Home
- Lucky Elephants in a Yambol Home
- Typical Village Clogs Parked Outside a Front Door ...
- Hitting Walnuts from a Third Floor Apartment in Ya...
- Home-made Water Dispenser in Yambol
- ▼ October (19)
- ► 2019 (365)
- ► 2018 (363)
- ► 2017 (206)
- ► 2013 (24)
- ► 2012 (34)
- ► 2010 (328)
- ► 2009 (275)